Driving data value requires careful consideration beyond legal compliance under GDPR, HIPAA and state-level laws like CCPA.
Once you’ve completed this two-day course, you’ll know what’s required to maximize data utility while meeting your organization’s regulatory and privacy obligations.
Understand data de-identification and learn how to protect privacy
This course is designed to give you a better understanding of the HITRUST De-Identification Framework. You’ll learn about practical methods and tools used to render data non-identifiable (for example, de-identified under the HIPAA “Expert Determination” method; or anonymized under GDPR).
The primary material is delivered online or in-person by an instructor over two full days—either using a virtual environment, or privately, on-site at your own location.
“Privacy Analytics’ training course provides a straightforward, pragmatic and accessible methodology to safely leverage sensitive data while protecting privacy. It’s helped me achieve greater confidence in bridging the legal, operational, business and technical aspects of data de-identification to ensure more seamless, efficient outcomes.”
Abigail Dubiniecki, Lawyer at nNovation LLP and Data Privacy Specialist at My Inhouse Lawyer
Learning Objectives and Benefits
What you will learn…
- Key principles behind measuring identifiability and establishing defensible thresholds to render data non-identifiable.
- How to apply de-identification to protect privacy while leveraging the power of your data.
- Risk management and reporting necessary to provide auditable proof you’ve taken consistent, defensible steps toward protecting privacy.
The benefits to you and your organization…
- Safely leverage sensitive data for analytics that drive priority business outcomes.
- Align business and privacy teams to protect your organization’s sensitive data and uncover its untapped value.
- Improve the efficiency of your data analysis and management operations by integrating industry-leading techniques with your existing processes and procedures.
Who Needs to Know About Data De-Identification?
This course is designed for professionals working in…
and other domains.
Module 1 –
A discussion of the legal bases for using and disclosing information for secondary purposes under HIPAA, CCPA, and GDPR, and when each can be applied.
Module 2 –
Concepts and Definitions
An overview of known re-identification attacks, analysis of different data release models and classification of identifiers.
Module 3 –
Risk Measurement Concepts
An introduction to equivalence classes, and discussion of various risk types & metrics, and their relevance to various anonymization use cases.
Module 4 –
Analysis of Context Risk
Descriptions of different types of attacks and how to evaluate the risk of them re-identifying data subjects. This module also covers choosing an acceptable threshold for the risk of re-identification based on the characteristics of the dataset.
Module 5 –
Data Transformation Methods
Methods to mask direct identifiers and de-identify quasi-identifiers.
Module 6 –
Risk Management and Reporting
Determining if the risk is below an acceptable threshold. Creating a report and documenting that the risk of re-identification is very small.
Schedule your data
Thanks for your interest in our de-identification training.
One of our experts will be in touch shortly to find a time for your private training session.