Protecting Privacy When Advancing Medical Breakthroughs
When it comes to advancing medical breakthroughs, de-identified data is a powerful tool in the hands of researchers. In this latest article, published by Health It Outcomes, Privacy Analytics’ own Sam Wehbe looks at how privacy can be managed without hurting advancement.
In his article, Protecting Privacy When Advancing Medical Breakthroughs, Sam addresses that the gamut of ever growing health data has potential to solve many challenging healthcare issues, but due to its inherent risks, is often locked tight. De-identification can open the door for researchers, but not all de-identification practices are equal. To truly leverage health data for secondary use, risk-based de-identification, built on HIPAA’S Statistical Method, is the key.
- Extended Opportunities from Privacy Leadership in RWEAugust 21, 2017
- From Blunt Tools To Risk-based Privacy TechniquesAugust 9, 2017
- Greater RWE sophistication, greater privacyJuly 24, 2017
- RWE: Better Research Demands Better PrivacyJuly 12, 2017
- 4 Considerations for Taking the Lead in Real-World EvidenceJuly 5, 2017