Exciting Times for Clinical Trial Data and Privacy
Clinical trial data sharing, or the lack of it, is one area where the pharmaceutical industry faces big challenges, QuintilesIMS/Privacy Analytics’ Dana Edwards writes. In her article, Exciting Times for Clinical Trial Data Privacy, published by For The Record Magazine, she discusses this challenge.
Edwards writes that the reasons for withholding data are more complex than critics may be willing to acknowledge. By government decree and a gradual acceptance by individual companies that clinical trial and other health data sharing are in everyone’s interest, the issue now is not that there isn’t enough data sharing but that soon there will be so much data sharing that it will be difficult to make maximum use of it.
- One Year In: How the Opening of Health Canada’s Portal Affects YouMay 4, 2020
- Turn Data Assets into Business Opportunity Under CCPADecember 19, 2019
- How does risk-based anonymization work?December 18, 2019
- Why should I use Expert Determination over Safe Harbor?December 18, 2019
- What do I need to know about GDPR, HIPAA and CCPA to meet our regulatory and privacy obligations?December 18, 2019
- Putting our passion into action against COVID-19April 15, 2020
- GDPR and The Future of Clinical Trials Data SharingMarch 18, 2019
- Advancing Principled Data Practices in Support of Emerging TechnologiesMarch 15, 2019
- “Zero Risk Does Not Exist”February 7, 2019
- Is Anonymization Possible with Current Technologies?January 9, 2019