- This event has passed.
HITRUST De-Identification Framework Webinar
March 24, 2015 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
The Health Information Trust Alliance (HITRUST) announced the new HITRUST De-Identification Framework, developed to improve patient privacy and enhance innovation and the improved use of healthcare data. The framework meets the need of healthcare organizations for greater guidance and consistency in the de-identification and use of de-identified healthcare data, while simplifying and streamlining the process. De-identification is a key method for protecting privacy by preventing a patient’s identity from being connected with health information and is a key component of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy Rule.
HITRUST will offer a one hour webinar on Tuesday, March 24th at 10:30am CT to brief the industry on this development and release a draft of the new framework for an open comment period of 30 days.
The following speakers will join us for this event:
- Steve Penn: Senior Director, CSF Development and Education Programs, HITRUST
- Kim Gray: Chief Privacy Officer, Global, IMS Health
- Khalid El Emam: CEO, Privacy Analytics
- Mitchell Granberg: Chief Privacy Officer, Optum
- Peter Dumont: Senior Director, Privacy, Optum