- This event has passed.
April 13, 2015 - April 16, 2015
Join us at HIMSS15 in Chicago!
As part of the Ontario Pavilion – booth 7516, we look forward to seeing you there!
Privacy Analytics CEO Khaled El Emam will be on the HIMSS15 Intel Breakfast Panel:
Abstract: Breaches have reached alarming levels, both in frequency and impact, averaging US $3.5 million per breach globally, or US $359 per patient in 2014. At these levels, a reactive approach is no longer an option. Compounding this is growing cybercrime, and daily empowerment of healthcare workers with new “information power tools” that promise great benefits, but add significant new risks. Minimizing risk of breaches requires a proactive, preventive approach that includes and goes beyond basic compliance, and requires substantial improvement in security and privacy posture. During this breakfast session, Intel will feature a panel of healthcare, security and legal experts on a lively discussion how best to address this major concern, including practical guidance from the frontline on how to overcome technical, cultural and operational challenges to achieve success.
- Latest research highlights on healthcare breaches
- Legal and regulatory compliance requirements for Covered Entities and Business Associates
- Practical strategies and effective solutions to help lower risk
- Christina Mazzone, CISO at Partners Continuing Care
- Khaled El Emam, CEO at Privacy Analytics
- Brian Balow, Partner at Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Adnan Hindi, Director of Systems Engineering at McAfee
- Moderator, David Houlding, Healthcare Privacy & Security Lead, Intel Corporation
Date: Wednesday, April 15
Time: 7:30 – 8:30 am
Location: McCormick Place
Room S501D (South Building, Level 5)