This position is with IQVIA’s Privacy Analytics team in Ottawa, Canada. We’re a company on the cutting edge of healthcare innovation, working with some of the largest health analytics businesses in the world utilizing heath data to help find cures for today’s biggest diseases, including cancer, heart disease and HIV.
Located downtown in the heart of the national capital region, Privacy Analytics is on the cutting edge of data de-identification and re-identification research and we have translated this patented research into an amazing offering of products and services that are enabling researchers to access healthcare data for analysis while ensuring individuals’ identities are protected.
As part of the Services team, the primary focus of the Data Analyst will be to lead client engagements focusing on de-identification and re-identification risk measurement of client data. Further to formal training and on-the-job coaching in this role, responsibilities will include measuring the re-identification risk of client data sets, providing strong client support, delivering on-site technical workshops and remote coaching to clients, de-identification methodology and literature reviews, and developing a strong understanding of relevant privacy regulations and standards.
A university degree with a strong focus on statistical modeling and/or data analytics is expected. The ability to gain information from various sources and apply them to new and complex problems is critical for success in this role. Expertise will be required to understand and communicate in a clear and concise manner to internal and external audiences and stakeholders.
In this role you will:
- Develop expertise in statistical disclosure control and de-identification regulations and standards
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative re-identification risk analysis for a variety of clients in and outside of the healthcare domain, and document the results of these analyses in client-facing reports
- Present data de-identification solutions to technical and business audiences
- Inform the development of algorithms and recommend improvements to core software products
- Facilitate, conduct, and coach others on the use of various re-identification risk analysis techniques
- Act as a go-to expert resource for marketing and sales teams in support of go-to-market and sales activities
- Travel may occasionally be required for conferences, training/coaching, and/or certain client workshops
To do this you will need:
- B.Sc in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or related field and if you have a post graduate degree and research experience this would be an asset
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong math and statistics skills are essential (experience with algorithm development with subsequent validation)
- Experience performing data analysis, data exploration and data modeling (using SQL, R or Python)
- Experience leading and managing multiple projects at various stages of development
- Ability to present work and explain findings to senior leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Experience working in a professional services organization, such as consulting
- Knowledge of statistical disclosure control or privacy laws
- Experience working with health, financial, or other consumer data
- Experience working with large data sets (TBs)
Office Address: Laurier Ave W #200, Ottawa, ON K1P 5J6, Canada.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.