Watch – Good Is Not Good Enough
An Executive Conversation presented by Luk Arbuckle, Chief Methodologist, Privacy Analytics Inc. with special guest Dr. Ann Cavoukian, co-author of “The Privacy Payoff: How Successful Businesses Build Customer Trust” and “Who Knows: Safeguarding Your Privacy in a Networked World”.
Why “Good Is Not Good Enough”
Data is the new global currency. But getting its maximum value comes at a cost – and achieving the balance between privacy, security and utility is critical to businesses and organizations that gather and hold personal information.
In this webinar, global data privacy expert Dr. Ann Cavoukian; and Luk Arbuckle, Chief Methodologist, Privacy Analytics Inc.; examine the controversies and challenges that compel organizations to implement Best Practice in Data Anonymization.
What you will learn:
• Why Dr. Cavoukian, one of the world leaders in the Data Privacy space, and originator of ‘Privacy By Design’ believes Best Practice is critical
• What is ‘Good’ (i.e. Minimum Viable Product) Vs. ‘Best’, why are organizations continuing to rely on ‘Good’/MVP, and what is holding organizations back from implementing ‘Best’?
• What are the business issues vs. reputational issues, and how do decision makers balance these?
About the presenters:
Dr. Ann Cavoukian
Dr. Ann Cavoukian is recognized as one of the world’s leading privacy experts. Dr. Cavoukian served an unprecedented three terms as the Information & Privacy Commissioner of Ontario, Canada. There she created Privacy by Design, a framework that seeks to proactively embed privacy into the design specifications of information technologies, networked infrastructure and business practices. In 2010, International Privacy Regulators unanimously passed a Resolution recognizing Privacy by Design as an international standard. Since then, PbD has been translated into 40 languages. She is presently the Distinguished Expert-in-Residence, leading the Privacy by Design Centre of Excellence at Ryerson University. Dr. Cavoukian is also a Senior Fellow of the Ted Rogers Leadership Centre at Ryerson University, and a Faculty Fellow of the Center for Law, Science & Innovation at Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University.
Luk Arbuckle, Chief Methodologist, Privacy Analytics, has nearly a decade of experience in the field of anonymization, and is co-author of Anonymizing Health Data: Case Studies and Methods to Get You Started (O’Reilly Media, 2013). Mr. Arbuckle was formerly Director of Technology Analysis at the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada; Research Manager and Data Scientist at the Children’s hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) Research Institute; and Director of Analytics at Privacy Analytics. He holds multiple graduate degrees and was awarded numerous scholarships and bursaries, including a Canada Graduate Scholarship doctoral award.
This webinar is essential for you if:
•Your organization has challenges regarding data privacy.
•Your organization has—or wants—a data-driven growth strategy.
•You’re involved in any effort to derive business value from sensitive data.
•You are a Chief Data Officer, Chief Analytics Officer, Chief Revenue Officer, CIO, CSO, VP Business Development, Chief Privacy Officer, Chief Compliance Officer, Legal Counsel Member, Data Protection Officer, Privacy Officer.
- Can you comply your way to greatness?November 21, 2019
- When to Integrate Anonymization of Documents and DataSeptember 26, 2019
- Deep-Diving into Re-identification: Perspectives On An Article In Nature CommunicationsSeptember 26, 2019
- Learning at Scale: Anonymizing Unstructured Data using AI/MLSeptember 26, 2019
- Early Impact of Health Canada’s New GuidelinesJune 21, 2019