Real World Value of Health Data De-identification Tools
Don’t miss Sam Wehbe’s recent article, Real World Value of Health Data De-identification Tools, published on HITECH Answers.
We are entering a critical time for medical research because of all this data, much of it representing real world, real life situations. But a lot of it is locked away because of legitimate concerns that individual patient identities may be exposed. In fact, it’s against the law for those in possession of personal health information to release data without taking steps to protect patient anonymity. Sharing data without proper safeguards in place is risky, so unless the risks can be reduced, much of this data will remain locked in silos.
But what if there were ways to safely share these valuable extabytes of medical information? Risk-based de-identification solutions are already available on the market, allowing healthcare organizations to leverage useful data without compromising privacy.
- One Year In: How the Opening of Health Canada’s Portal Affects YouMay 4, 2020
- Turn Data Assets into Business Opportunity Under CCPADecember 19, 2019
- How does risk-based anonymization work?December 18, 2019
- Why should I use Expert Determination over Safe Harbor?December 18, 2019
- What do I need to know about GDPR, HIPAA and CCPA to meet our regulatory and privacy obligations?December 18, 2019
- Putting our passion into action against COVID-19April 15, 2020
- GDPR and The Future of Clinical Trials Data SharingMarch 18, 2019
- Advancing Principled Data Practices in Support of Emerging TechnologiesMarch 15, 2019
- “Zero Risk Does Not Exist”February 7, 2019
- Is Anonymization Possible with Current Technologies?January 9, 2019