Real World Value of Health Data De-identification Tools
Don’t miss Sam Wehbe’s recent article, Real World Value of Health Data De-identification Tools, published on HITECH Answers.
We are entering a critical time for medical research because of all this data, much of it representing real world, real life situations. But a lot of it is locked away because of legitimate concerns that individual patient identities may be exposed. In fact, it’s against the law for those in possession of personal health information to release data without taking steps to protect patient anonymity. Sharing data without proper safeguards in place is risky, so unless the risks can be reduced, much of this data will remain locked in silos.
But what if there were ways to safely share these valuable extabytes of medical information? Risk-based de-identification solutions are already available on the market, allowing healthcare organizations to leverage useful data without compromising privacy.
- Extended Opportunities from Privacy Leadership in RWEAugust 21, 2017
- From Blunt Tools To Risk-based Privacy TechniquesAugust 9, 2017
- Greater RWE sophistication, greater privacyJuly 24, 2017
- RWE: Better Research Demands Better PrivacyJuly 12, 2017
- 4 Considerations for Taking the Lead in Real-World EvidenceJuly 5, 2017