HFS Spotlight on Privacy Analytics
HFS Research highlighted Privacy Analytics in their Spotlight article, Assessing and Anonymizing Personal Health Data for the “Greater Good”.
They highlight this key point: “Protecting health data is one of the most sensitive topics today. Someone’s health data is so personal, and yet, if shared broadly, can be incredibly helpful as part of a broader data set to identify patterns and opportunities to prevent, intervene, diagnose, treat, and cure diseases. Organizations need to be able to balance caution in protecting data with using it for the “greater good.””
Organizations are already sharing PHI. HFS recognizes that the methodology Privacy Analytics has operationalized is the best for preserving patient privacy.
- One Year In: How the Opening of Health Canada’s Portal Affects YouMay 4, 2020
- Turn Data Assets into Business Opportunity Under CCPADecember 19, 2019
- How does risk-based anonymization work?December 18, 2019
- Why should I use Expert Determination over Safe Harbor?December 18, 2019
- What do I need to know about GDPR, HIPAA and CCPA to meet our regulatory and privacy obligations?December 18, 2019
- Putting our passion into action against COVID-19April 15, 2020
- GDPR and The Future of Clinical Trials Data SharingMarch 18, 2019
- Advancing Principled Data Practices in Support of Emerging TechnologiesMarch 15, 2019
- “Zero Risk Does Not Exist”February 7, 2019
- Is Anonymization Possible with Current Technologies?January 9, 2019